Vent


Kids!! So I have to have a vent session for a minute!

Lately, Landry is seriously pushing my buttons! She intentionally pushes me to my limit just to see if I will cave and let her have what she wants.  Somedays, I seriously think about pulling my hair out.  And the most irritating thing of all of it, NO ONE else gets what I mean when I say she is so naughty for me! She is only naughty for ME!! She is so good for Brady. Of course she is an angel for my mom or Grandma or Brady’s dad so when I say I am at my limit with her, they all look at me like I am out of my mind. She is the sweetest thing for me as long as it is on her terms.

Here’s the other odd thing about this. Somedays I look forward to going to work just so I can have the 10 minutes by myself in the car, but almost as soon as I pull away from the sitter’s house, I miss her so much! I miss her little face and the things she says to make me laugh. So I spend the whole time I’m at work missing her just to go home and have her tell me that she hates me and instantly start whining about whatever I am doing!

I know that the way she is acting is normal for her age. I know she just wants to see if the consequences will always be the same, and I know that all of her acting out is worse because I have gone back to work and she is still adjusting, but I hate it! I miss her sweet little smile because I am home, or how she just wanted to lay and snuggle me! I know at some point she will go back to herself, but for now, I am jealous that everyone else gets her sweet little self while I am stuck with the terror that has replaced her.  So here’s to hoping that my sweet baby loses her bad attitude sooner than later.  

(I would like to note, that even though this post may seem a little harsh, I know that this is all temporary and the few moments of sweetness I do enjoy with Landry right now are not taken for granted.)

Comments

Popular Posts