18 Weeks!
So this week I am in my 18th week! I was so excited, Monday while I was sitting at my desk, I felt the baby move! I have thought I felt the baby move a few times before, but I have never really been sure. Monday afternoon though, I knew exactly what it was! It was just like a popping, like the baby had the hiccups or something. It only lasted a couple of seconds but it was so awesome to feel the baby and know that he must be doing ok in his little home.
I think the dogs can really sense that I am pregnant now, Barkley follows me everywhere and Beaux always seems to be underneath my feet, which is sweet but I am constantly tripping over one of them. Beaux loves to lay at my feet whenever I sit down. It is sweet but with the weather we have been having and my high sensitivity to smell, it doesn’t always work out. I feel bad when their smell bugs me, it’s not their fault. Poor guys.
This weekend we are going shopping! I have outgrown all of my clothes, so Brady is going to take me to get some new clothes! He is so good to me. Brady is also playing in a golf tournament Saturday and Sunday so it will give me some time to get the house cleaned and some yard work done. I hope the weather gets better so I can have the motivation to get something done in the yard.
This is what is going on with the baby this week:
Your baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so he can actually hear you talking now!!
This week is also the beginning of ossification. And while that sounds like some long and involved paperwork you'll have to fill out, it's really a fancy medical term for the hardening of your baby's miniature bones. And that's a good thing.
Your baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. His sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A substance called myelin, which makes nerve connections travel faster, is now coating your baby's nerves.
Your baby now weighs between 5 and 7 ounces and is about 5½ inches long
I think the dogs can really sense that I am pregnant now, Barkley follows me everywhere and Beaux always seems to be underneath my feet, which is sweet but I am constantly tripping over one of them. Beaux loves to lay at my feet whenever I sit down. It is sweet but with the weather we have been having and my high sensitivity to smell, it doesn’t always work out. I feel bad when their smell bugs me, it’s not their fault. Poor guys.
This weekend we are going shopping! I have outgrown all of my clothes, so Brady is going to take me to get some new clothes! He is so good to me. Brady is also playing in a golf tournament Saturday and Sunday so it will give me some time to get the house cleaned and some yard work done. I hope the weather gets better so I can have the motivation to get something done in the yard.
This is what is going on with the baby this week:
Your baby's ears are now facing forward and are completely formed so he can actually hear you talking now!!
This week is also the beginning of ossification. And while that sounds like some long and involved paperwork you'll have to fill out, it's really a fancy medical term for the hardening of your baby's miniature bones. And that's a good thing.
Your baby's nerves are making more and more complex connections. His sense of smell, taste, sight and hearing are all developing. A substance called myelin, which makes nerve connections travel faster, is now coating your baby's nerves.
Your baby now weighs between 5 and 7 ounces and is about 5½ inches long
(o; That is so exciting! (o:
ReplyDelete