Oreo Balls

So, I have seen a lot of Oreo Truffles on Pintrest lately. My Grandma has been making these for a few years but we call them Oreo Balls. I made the mistake of making some for Brady to take to work a few weeks ago and now his guys ask for them every weekend. I am posting the recipe and am going to direct the guys here instead of having to write it down every time they ask for it.
Oreo Balls
1 package of Oreos.
6 oz Cream Cheese.
White Chocolate (I usually use Vanilla Flavored Almond Bark)

Using a food processor, grind Oreos into a fine powder. This works best if you do one row at a time and then dump the powder into a bowl. After the Oreos are completely grounded into a powder, pour back into food processor. Microwave the cream cheese for 8 seconds to soften. Add to the Oreo powder. Process on high until all the Oreo powder is moist. You can tell because the powder will roll intend into a big ball. Using a 1 tblspn measuring spoon, form the Oreos onto balls. I use the measuring spoon because it gives them a consistent size and shape. A pack of Oreos will make anywhere between 26 or 30 balls depending on your size.
Freeze the balls for 30 min. Melt chocolate in a small sauce pan. if you used a measuring spoon, the bottoms will be flat. I use a fork in the flat bottom to dip the top in chocolate. Let excess chocolate drop off. Place back onto sheet. You can add sprinkles or Oreo powder on top while chocolate is still wet.
Refrigerate leftovers :).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts