Logan Misery
Last weekend Brady started Grad school! He had to go to Logan for orientation and we thought it would be fun to make it into a family trip. We were wrong.
The ride up wasn’t bad, Landry slept most of the way. She wasn’t bad for the first few hours, she actually enjoyed lounging with Dad while he studied and she read a book.
When it was time for Brady to go to class, Landry and I dropped him off and went to dinner. She thought it was strange that we dropped her Dad off and she kept giving me dirty looks like I had done something to make her mad. When she is in a new place, she refuses to eat. After I ate my dinner, we went back to the hotel and I thought maybe Landry would like to go swimming. My grandparents have a pool and Landry loves to swim in it and it wears her out so I figured it would be perfect to distract her and get her to sleep that night. I was wrong again. She threw a fit as soon as we got in the pool. After 10 minutes of that we got out and went back to the room. Landry was tired so I tried getting her to go to sleep. It took me 2 hours to get her to fall asleep!! At 2 am, Landry woke up and cried until about 4. Brady and I had to get up at 6 to get his stuff ready for school. We were tired!
Landry and I once again took Brady to class. When we dropped him off, it was raining. Landry and I went and did some things around town until he got out of school. I ran into a Wal Mart to get Landry some juice for the ride home and when I came out, it was snowing like there was no tomorrow!
When Brady got out of class, we decided to just go home since it was snowing so hard. Well, Landry hated that idea and stared screaming! Going down Sardine Canyon was a nightmare. We went 20 mph the whole way down while a screaming baby. Not fun! When we got to I-15, it was still bad. We kept sliding all over the road and no matter what I did, I couldn’t get Landry to calm down. It was a pretty scary ride home!
This is the second trip we have taken in the last 3 months with Landry that has been miserable. She hates traveling for some reason. I guess this is our excuse to not take her to Disney Land for a few years!

Comments
Post a Comment