Bye Bye Bottle and Binky

Two Fridays ago Landry was down to one binky so I told Brady I needed to go get some more. He told me I can't just go buy binkys anymore because if I want Landry to be a big girl I couldn't keep treating her like a baby.
Landry is notorious for just dropping her binky wherever she is. We have lost them in Home Depot, Wal Mart,, really anywhere. So I told Landry "this is your last binky and once it's lost we don't have anymore. So if you want to keep it, you can't lose it." sure enough, Friday evening when I was getting Landry ready for bed I couldn't find the binky anywhere. I seriously looked all over the house for it!! Anytime Landry hasn't had a binky when it was bedtime, she cries and then she doesn't sleep well. I told her "Mama told you that was the last binky and its lost now so you have to be a big girl now and go nigh nigh without it."
That night she was fine and slept great!! I was so relieved. On Sunday I was getting ready to put Landry down for a nap and randomly decided that of we can get rid of the binky then why not the bottle? She didn't even notice the bottle was gone. My baby is a big girl now (at least in her mind!)

Comments

Popular Posts