La Jolla, Day 2..... Sea World

Day 2...WHAT A LONG DAY!! We got up early so we could beat the crowd at Sea World. As soon as we got to the park, Landry and I went to see the dolphins and otters while Brady ran off to ride the Manta. 
The dolphins kept coming up to the glass to see the kids! Landry thought that was so cool! She loved it! After watching them for a little while, I took Landry to the side of the tank where you can reach in and touch the dolphins. Unfortunately, her little arms were too short to reach. But she loved looking in and seeing them.
When Brady caught up to us, we walked over to see the salt water aquarium. We stopped along the way to see and touch the starfish. When we got into the aquarium, Landry kept saying "fishies"  She would look at a tank for a minute and then she would point to the next one. She was just excited to see fishies!
Then we went to Shamu..... a long awaited moment for Landry. We went about 45 minutes early so we could get good seats! While we were waiting, I took Landry onto this sky walk thing that overlooked Shamu's tank. She got so mad that I wouldn't let her go down to play with the whales and their ball! When we got into Samu Stadium, we got seats in the third row right next to the side stage! Landry was OK for about 10 minutes and then she flipped out. She was hot, tired and ready for it to be over. She wasn't happy until Shamu finally came out! She did great until Shamu started splashing and then she was mad again. 
When we left the Shamu show, Landry fell asleep in her stroller almost instantly! Brady and I walked around and had lunch while she rested. Then we went and saw the turtles, the fresh water aquarium and the sharks. The Shark encounter was really neat! We went in a tunnel that went through their tank. When we went to see the Penguins, Landry kept saying "Happy" and "mumbles" because she loves Happy Feet.
After, we walked through "Sesame Street Place"  It was perfect because right as we were walking through, the Sesame Street Show started. Landry is a huge Elmo fan and she instantly started to smile. She loved watching Elmo and Cookie! Then we waited in line forever to get our picture taken with them.  While we were waiting, we saw Jaleen White who played Urkle on Family Matters. He still looks like Urkle, but hot!! I smiled at him and he said "Hey, hows it going?"
After all that, we rode the Zoey Seastar ride. We were all so hot and tired we decided to go home. Landry was ready. She slept the whole way back to our hotel (which isn't far.) When we got back we got in the pool to cool off and then cam in and took a nap. :)
I think we are all so worn out that tomorrow we will just relax.

(sorry there are no pictures with this post. I took the majority of the pictures with my camera and I am blogging from my laptop instead of my phone so I have none)

Comments

Popular Posts