A Grand Entrance

Finally, after being a week overdue, our little Landry has made her big debut! Monday morning last week, I had to go in for an NST (non-stress test) just to check and make sure the baby was still doing ok. We got in there and they hooked me up to monitor her heart rate while they did an ultrasound to check her fluid levels. I was having contraction that were about 8 minutes apart, so I was trying to go into labor, it just wasn’t happening as fast as I wanted. Her fluids were kind of low, so they recommended I be induced soon. So we went up to see my doctor and he agreed. I knew they were going to want to induce me soon anyways, my doctor had told me the week before he didn’t want me going too much over. So we went downstairs so they could start me.




They got me into my room and started the pitocin drip, and as soon as they did, my contractions went from being little and just annoying to big and painful!!!! Brady would hold my hand through each one :) He went and rented a movie to try and help distract me, but after 2 hours of that, my doctor came in and told me to get the epidural. I was so scared of that stupid needle, but Brady sat in front of me and held my hands and talked me through the whole thing.



After my epidural, labor was pretty easy. They induced me at about 11and she was born at 7:35, so it wasn’t really that long either. The worst part was I was starving! It had snowed that morning and we were going to stop at McDonalds for breakfast and so I could get some hot chocolate on the way in, and we decided to just stop in Lake Point instead of here in town, and we get to Lake Point and the power was out so we couldn’t stop for anything!





After she was born they had to take her to check her because she wasn’t crying, she would just grunt at people, so they wanted to make sure she was ok. Brady was so cute, he didn’t leave her side at all! He went with her when they checked her, and when they took her to the nursery, he was right by her side the whole time! You could just see it in his eyes how proud he was.





He has been such a good dad, he loves to have "tummy time" with her, where she lays on her tummy on his tummy. I love watching him hold her, he just looks at her with so much love, I love how he calls her his little booger and how he calls her sweetie when she is fussy. She loves him so much too, she always has a little grin on her face when she is looking at him.













I love the way Landry has a million facial expressions already, she has such a personality! I love the way she sucks her fist when she is irritated that I have to take her bottle out of her mouth to see how much she has ate, I love her funny noises, and the way she sticks out her tongue. I love the way she clicks her tongue so loud and then looks around like she doesn’t know what that noise was!



I love my little family so much and I wouldn’t trade either one of them for anything.

Comments

  1. Oh Congrats she is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, she is so pretty! Enjoy her, the first year goes by sooo fast. Trevor loves her BYU beanie, he wants one for Gabriella! Congrats you guys, she's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina!! Congrats girl. She is Gorgeous!!! Sorry i didnt say congrats earlier ive been off facebook for ever. Isnt it amazing how much you fall in love. You are going to be an amazing mom. You and Brady did good. Cant wait to see more pics. Hope your recovering well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts